Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Little Joys

Today, we had a mystery reader in my class.  I love this programme!  Several times each year, I send a letter home inviting family members to come in a read a favourite book to the class.  I don't tell the students who is coming and usually, the family member doesn't tell them, either, so it's a complete surprise.  The kids adore it.  I have to say, it's a treat for me, too.  It often lets me see the children in a new way, through the eyes of a family member.  I always allow the person to bring in a favourite book to read and I love seeing what different people choose.  My students are very lucky and have some wonderful people who care about them so much.  I also have to admit, it must go back to childhood but I LOVE having a book read to me, too, and sitting and listening to a grandma read, takes me right back to being five and cuddled in someone's lap and feeling so relaxed and safe.  It's a truly lovely feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment