Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Advent Week 1 - Tuesday

I wish I had something really profound to report but today, I don't.  I have to admit, while I love the idea of quiet and contemplation, I am not good at it.  I read about it, I dream about it and I have great plans but they rarely come to fruition.  For me, it needs to be about baby steps.  I did manage that today.

I slept through my alarm (actually, I misjudged how many times I got to turn it off) and it meant that what had originally been intended to be a slower morning turned into a frenzy of getting all of the usual morning jobs done AND chopping veg and getting dinner into the slow cooker, since Tuesday is our really tight evening.  I am proud of myself though - as you can see from the photo above, I did manage a few minutes of quiet time with the candle lit.  It does make for a calmer way to start the day.  I also downloaded some Christmas music and listened in the car instead of a usual podcast.  My brain is not good at quiet.  I'm trying to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment