Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hooray!

I took Baby Bean to the doctor today for his 1 month check-up. I was worried because he had started to put on weight last week but still hadn't quite hit his birthweight. I was so nervous about whether we would finally have made it to the 10 lbs, 2 oz mark. The scale my doctor uses is metric so when the numbers came up, I had no idea what they meant. It wasn't until my doctor did the conversion that we found out that he is now ... 10 lbs, 10 oz!!! That's almost a pound in a week. It looks like we have made it without formula!!!! The even better news is that now, I can do totally "on demand" feeding, no more trying to feed every three hours, even at night! While he feeds constantly during the day, I often struggle to wake him at night - now, I don't have to!!!!
Thank you, God!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Told you that you'd hit your stride! I was really lucky that The Bun was so hungry right away, so he gained so much that my doc told me not to worry about waking him - it makes a huge difference if you have a child who will sleep to just be able to use that time to get some rest yourself.

    ReplyDelete