Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Advent Week 3 - Tuesday



One of our favourite Advent traditions began here a few years ago.  I think it's something that I saw either on Facebook or on Pinterest and I immediately loved the idea.  At the beginning of Advent, you wrap up 24 Christmas books and each night, your children unwrap a book to read.  We have been doing this for four or five years now and we have more than 24 books, so it's fun for them to see both the old favourites that appear and the new books that I slip in.  We all have our favourites but the most wonderful thing of all is that each night, we cuddle up under a blanket together and share a story.  It's terrible for the earth, given all the wrapping paper that we waste but at the moment, I wouldn't change it.  What a nice way to end an exhausting and stressful day (and work HAS been stressful this week...)


No comments:

Post a Comment