Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gratitude 2

I found a new knitting shop today, Unwound Yarn House.  I have been meaning to go for the last couple of years and with mom being here, we decided to go together.  I love knitting - it reminds me of my Irish grandmother who I adored.  She used to knit me socks, hats, sweaters and, back in the early 80's, endless pairs of legwarmers.  There is something so restful and cozy about knitting.  The best part about this shop is that they sell imported English yarns and patterns (which, sorry to say, are so much nicer than anything North American).  I bought some lovely Sirdar Bamboo Dk and a pattern for a lovely little tunic sweater that I can't wait to make for Pk.  I also signed up for a fair isle knitting class in October.  If I didn't have to work and didn't have so much at home, I would love to sit in their seating area, knit and watch the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment