Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Days

It's only three more weeks until I return to work and I have determined that I am going to make the most of the time I have. I wanted to turn it into a three week photo project here on the blog but for some reason, I keep forgetting to take photos. Last week was HORRIBLE with poor, sickly kids and absolutely no sleep. At the time, I was feeling rather grouchy about the fact that I had only four weeks left and I just seemed to be getting further and further behind. This week, now that Baby Bean is finally sleeping again and Pk seems to be recovering from a rather nasty ear infection, I am wondering whether that awful week last week was sent to make me realize how lucky I am to have this time.

So far, the last two days have been good, even if I don't have pics. Yesterday's highlight was my first official run in my "couch to 5k" plan. It was freezing and I didn't know whether I would be able to do it but at 5 a.m., Chelsea (my older dog) and I set out and, guess what? It was great! I came home feeling like I had worked without killing myself and I started the day with a feeling of accomplishment. Today, the highlight was a visit for tea with a good friend. We don't see each other often enough and I wanted to fit in this visit and, best of all, Pk LOVES her children ad so it was a big treat for her, too.

I have also started going through my teacher stuff, getting prepared to go back... it's not so bad, I am actually remembering some stuff that I enjoy about teaching. I am terrified about managing to get everything done in a day and maybe fit in five minutes for me here or there but once I am in a routine, it will be better. It helps that spring is in the air - I love the longer days, the bright evenings and most of all, the slow re-emergence of green and flowers around me. I have fantasies of coming home and taking the kids with Dh and I to hike the forest with the dogs or hanging out in the yard outside with the kids playing and Dh barbecuing our supper.

Finally, at the end of this totally rambling post, I'd like to share a post that Laura at Nestled Under Rainbows shared in the last few days. It's called an "Endo Book" and I MUST start one of these!

I'll try to be better tomorrow about having a structured post.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I did Couch-to-5K last year! It was good! I liked the enforced (& justified! It's exercise!) me time, the getting-out-and-doing-something sense of accomplishment, and my pride in myself when I ran my 1st (& 2nd!) 5Ks! I kept running somewhat over the winter, but had to take a break when I broke my wrist. I'm planning on regaining back lost ground with the routines/schedules again though!

    My (unasked for, I know) advice re: C25K - you're stronger than you realize, listen to your body, and don't be afraid to repeat week(s) as needed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! I am really excited about this and really hope to keep it up. There's a 5k run here in town in June and my goal is to run that. I am not going to tell too many people just in case but it amazes me how much better I feel for doing this. Who knows, maybe a bunch of us can get together and run one day!

    ReplyDelete