Saturday, January 14, 2012

K is for Kettles

It's rather funny.  I have mentioned to several people at work our "alphabet adventure" and I have so many people who have gotten involved in it.  I go into work on a Monday morning and people want to know what we have come up with for that week.  I even had another teacher tell me that she had told her husband that she needed to have another baby, just so that she could do this.  Seriously, we are having so much fun but then, I guess that's why we are teachers - we love stuff like this.

It took me a bit of effort to get back into the swing of this after the winter break.  Fortunately, k gave us a few special opportunities.  First of all, there is Pk's cousin, K.  She totally worships both her big girl cousins so to take a picture of her into class was a big excitement.  

We also had the good fortune of going up to visit my parents-in-law.  There's a restaurant on the highway that is a favourite of the locals and it happens to be called "Kettles".  The food was fairly rustic but delicious (my potato/corn chowder was the height of comfort food!)  The best part - the door handle was in the shape of a letter k!


Food was a bit of a challenge but we figured it out.  We gave Pk "Oven baked kale chips" (a favourite around here, I thought she was going to eat the entire pan before any went into her lunchbox),  kiwi fruit, which Pk discovered that she loves after insisting that it "tastes like yuck" before trying it and, I am embarrassed to say, I tried a total junk food ketchup recipe which was a huge hit with both Pk and Dh.  I had a photo of Pk with a kite, too, but I can't seem to find that at the moment.

Onto letter L!

No comments:

Post a Comment