Sunday, August 12, 2012


I am going to batch a bunch of days together, otherwise I will never get this done.  Suffice to say that a. it was a crazy week and b. I had a check-up and I always get extremely paranoid before a doctor's appointment.  Not only did it all end up to be well (all my bloodwork numbers, including blood sugars and cholersterol stuff were amazing, which had worried me for some stupid reason), but a persistent oddity in my bloodwork has resolved itself.  Hooray!  I was pretty distracted with my nerves, though.

Tuesday - a former university roommate, who I really liked, came through town.  We haven't seen each other in probably 10 years as she had moved to a different continent.  I was a bit anxious that we wouldn't have anything to talk about but given that she is in education and competes with her dog, it didn't take us long to start yakking and we kept it up for about 6 hours.  In the middle, we took the dogs for a good run and a swim.

Wednesday - Pk spent the day with her favourite Aunt and Dh, LB and I went in to start some work in my classroom.  The school daycare was in there so I couldn't take any photos but at least now, my bulletin boards are done and the room looks great, if I do say so myself.  I hope to go in once a week until the end of the summer.

As a thank you, I took Dh and LB to an "all you can eat" sushi restaurant.  It was lovely.  The food was great and LB thought that a restaurant that gave him his own drumsticks to eat with was amazing.  Fortunately, like so many cultures, the Japanese spoil little people and will forgive anything.  He was definitely spoiled by older Japanese ladies.

Of course, the evening ended with soccer.  It's strange to think that next week will be our last week.  It's been such a nice part of our summer!

Thursday - the entire morning was taken up by check-ups.  Our doctor is quite a drive away so by the time we got home, there was just time for a quick nap and then we had friends for dinner.  It's pretty cool when best friends even manage to close their eyes for photos in sync!

Friday - this was definitely "wet noodle" day - I really get myself worked up about going to the doctor. We were so thrilled to have a day of quiet in the midst of all the frenzy.  We ended up going with a friend to the Lego programme at the library.  The kids loved it and the dads had fun chatting.  I got involved in a fun game of Jenga and even managed to keep LB from crashing the tower down, which I felt to be a significant accomplishment!

In the afternoon, the skies opened up and it POURED.  Our basement flooded a bit, along with most of the rest of town.  Fortunately, there doesn't appear to have been any damage done.  It's been so dry, it was nice to see things damp again.

We all had fun with our boots and umbrellas!  I'm just happy that LB didn't poke anyone eye's out at the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment