Monday, February 23, 2015

Little Joys 2015

I used to do a series called "Little Joys" way back when and I've decided that I'd like to start again.  It's fun to look for those wonderful little moments that make a day more special.  I get so bogged down in the busyness that I forget to notice the sunshine that has finally appeared or the lovely cup of tea or the fabulous book that I can't put down.  I'm going to start today and try to make this a more regular thing.

A not-so-little joy for me is books.  I love to read and my bedside table is always an avalanche waiting to happen.  My kids are getting to the the stage where family novel reading is becoming something that we love, too, and I am so thrilled.  I have a passion for classics and I'd love my kids to be well read and we are having fun exploring our options.  Early this year, we read Babe: a Magnificent Pig by Dick King Smith and we LOVED it.  What a terrific book!  We ordered several others of his books from Abebooks (another of my book addictions are buying second hand books - I love getting books with little momentos of previous owners tucked inside and the wonderful bookmarks from different sellers).  We ordered them from England and they aren't here yet but we are all excitedly checking the mailbox each day.  We just finished Mr Popper's Penguins and we are in the middle of Stuart Little.  There are so many books I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment