Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yarn Along

Each week, Ginny at Small Things hosts the weekly "Yarn Along" - a place where we get to share what we are knitting and what we are reading. If only I could manage to do both things at once, life would be perfect :-).


Knitting - this week, I have been all over the place. I finished the hood to the cabled sweater I am working on, which means that I have to block and finish. I loathe finishing sweaters and it will be an act of sheer will to get this finished. In the meantime, I have a few of these knitting dishcloths to work on in the car - I have been trying to take advantage of time in the car (with Dh driving, of course!) to get a few little projects finished. Once September arrives, I am going to need to go full steam ahead on a few gifts for Christmas that I want to get done which means that I need to take the next couple of weeks to get everything finished that is already under way.

Reading - One of my guilty pleasures are the Amish books by Beverly Lewis. They are not my typical reading but once in a while, I love to get hooked into a series that doesn't challenge my brain too much and in which I get to glimpse the simpler life and dream a bit. The Telling is from the Seasons of Grace series, which I quite enjoyed (although the Abram's Daughter's Series is my favourite of all time). I was thrilled to arrive at the library yesterday to discover that Alexander McCall Smith's latest mystery in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series had arrived for me. I love his writing style and I haven't found anyone like him.

What are you working on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I love to knit washcloths/dishcloths -- they are such portable, fun projects! -- Kathy at http://www.needleandspade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Those washcloths are cute. I, too, enjoy the Amish genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost knit from that cloth pattern this weekend... are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete