Monday, August 1, 2011

Yarn Along

I'm not going to be able to write my "Yarn Along" post on Wednesday so I wanted to write it today. Ginny, over at "Small Things", hosts a wonderful weekly challenge and link-up - to take a photo of what we are reading and knitting to share. I love this - the only problem for me is the fact that my list of books I want to read is getting awfully long.

This week, I have taken a break from my knitting on Pk's tunic to work on some knitted soft balls for a friend's baby. We were going up north for a cottage visit and they were the perfect little project to work on in the car. My friend had seen the ones I made for Little Bean and fell in love with them so of course, I had to make her a set. The pattern comes from "Itty Bitty Toys" by Susan Anderson and couldn't be easier.

In terms of reading, I have been all over the place this week but settled in for this book, "An Irish Country Doctor" by Patrick Taylor. It had been given to be months and months ago by a friend who loved it. When I first started it, I liked it well enough but it just wasn't where I was at. Now, though, it is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Think James Herriot but rather than a vet, it's a doctor and in place of Yorkshire, it's Ulster. It's a lovely read.

What are you knitting and reading right now?

2 comments:

  1. Those are great! Although I've knit some 3D projects, I haven't tried knitted balls yet. Your friend I'm sure will appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. knitting a hot pink (of course) shawl for my 5 year old gal for Christmas. Hoping to get it finished and start on the rest of the families gifts! I am new to the yarn along and loving seeing what everyone is working on!

    :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete