Monday, December 12, 2011

Wednesday, December 7th

Last year, I decided to try the Jesse Tree idea that was featured on Ann Voskamp's blog "A Holy Experience".  I love, love, love Ann Voskamp - she is such a voice of reason and of peace.  Her book "One Thousand Gifts" was such a powerful read and a book that I would like to go back to again and again.  I read the devotion myself and with the kids, I find the reading that connects to the story and we read the story and put the ornament on our Jesse tree.  It's a wonderful way to keep the Advent focus where I believe it should be for us.

2 comments:

  1. We are doing Ann's Jesse Tree devotionals too. But I find it's over my kids' heads. I am wishing I had done "Truth in Tinsel" this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I don't even try to do her devotion with the kids, we just read the associated Bible story each day. I haven't seen "Truth in Tinsel" but I have heard good things.

    ReplyDelete