Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sacred Sunday

Today we tried something new at church.  I heard about it on our Bible study blog a while ago and decided to look it up on Youtube.  It's called "Cardboard Testimonies" and it is incredibly moving.  I cried when I watched this video, which was my first experience of it.  I sent this video to our minister and he decided that we were going to work towards doing it ourselves.  

We were all really nervous.  What should we say?  Would we look stupid?  Several friends were really regretting trying it and then it started...I had no idea how much more powerful it would be to see this in people that I know and have contact with weekly.  Seeing things like rape, hopelessness, depression, eating disorders, infertility, etc... in people that I know are functioning, strong, amazing people was just clear proof to me of God's power.  We wound up by singing "In Christ Alone"... I can't remember the last time I felt so much power in a room when people were singing.  I love that hymn anyway but I have rarely felt more need to raise my hands and praise.  I will carry that with me all week.

If you haven't seen this before, it's definitely worth watching.  What would your cardboard say?

(by the way, in case you are wondering, Dh and I did it together - His said "Separated by depression" and mine continued with "And fear"  When we turned them over, it said "United in Christ's healing LOVE.")

No comments:

Post a Comment