Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gratitude 57

I love starting craft projects (although sadly, I don't seem to have the same drive to finish them!).  I have wanted to do a quilt to Pk's room - one of my goals eventually is to have everyone in the house sleeping under a quilt that I have made.  It will be a long time in coming, given that I hand piece and hand quilt.  I was trying to do a bit of machine piecing and my machine seems to have died and after having priced decent ones that I could quilt on, it will be a LONG time before it is replaced.  Anyway, I love starting new things and the other day, I was kind of blue and feeling like I needed to do something for myself.  One of the blogs I read, Crazy Mom Quilts, got me thinking about quilting again.  I hadn't for a while - knitting has been my "thing" of late and I am ready for a break.  She posted about a "one a day quilt along" and while I know that I won't be doing a square a day, I could get started on another one.  I love florals and I love pink and green as a combination (over-the-top girlie, I know, but after years of pretending that I didn't like girlie colours, I confess to my inner girlie-girl that has emerged since having a daughter).  I decided to stop by the quilt shop and pick up a few  fat quarters and start working on a nine patch quilt (not especially sophisticated but one of the things I love most about quilts is that the simpler they are, the more wonderful they seem to look).  While the weather gets colder, I am looking forward to getting cozy and stitching away.  Quilting and knitting bring me such a sense of peace and I like to wish love into every stitch that will bless the user.  I know, I am totally corny (I don't imagine that is a surprise to anyone).

No comments:

Post a Comment