Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gratitude 60

I am so grateful that I started going to a therapist at the beginning of the summer.  It often isn't very comfortable but I really feel like I am getting somewhere.  I am having a really hard time with several things at the moment and having somewhere to go and talk really helps.  So often, I don't want to talk about things - I am afraid that I will sound like a fool or a wimp and/or that the person will just tell me to "think happy thoughts"... when you have been in patterns for most of your life, it's not so easy to change.  It feels good to understand myself and why I find certain things so upsetting that aren't a big deal to other people.  I am learning that I hold certain "beliefs" - my logical mind can see the truth but my heart can believe something totally ridiculous because of these bigger beliefs.  It's liberating to be able to recognize those beliefs and how they distort my perceptions.  It doesn't make things much easier but at least I am seeing more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment