Thursday, March 17, 2016

Today's View







I haven't been using my blog at all well of late and I keep finding myself WANTING to get back to it but either lacking the words or feeling too tired.  It turns into a place for rants but I know that nobody in my life wants to listen with the odd Yarn Along post thrown in but that's not what I want it to be.  I love seeing other people's blogs, filled with lovely photos of small but significant life events, the view around and little intentional snippets from their lives.  It makes everyone else's life seem so much less chaotic than mine (perhaps there is a lesson there).  Anyway, I'd like to try to recapture my blog a bit and see whether I can turn it into my own little snippet of intention and peace and a place to celebrate the joys of life.

Most days, I go for at least one walk with the dogs and one luxury I have of living where I do is that there are many places for me to walk.  I try to do a minimum of 10 000 steps each day and often, I get well beyond that.  I walk at lunch at work to clear my head and then, after school, the dogs and I do a forest-type walk somewhere. 

One treat with it being March Break is the fact that my walking can happen earlier in the day (when I happen to enjoy walking most) and with my friend, up at her 100 acre farm.  I don't know that I would want the work of a farm but the view at her place and the sounds and space is what I would dream of in a different life.  Today, as we walked, the sun was breaking through the early morning clouds and later in the walk, we saw not one but two rainbows.  While the photo quality stinks as I was using my phone, I think you can see the magic of the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment