Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Yarn Along

Welcome to my weekly Yarn Along post.  I'm having so much fun with this and I find that these posts really help me to keep some forward momentum.  Thank you so much to Ginny who hosts the weekly Yarn Along over at her beautiful blog!

This week, I finally finished my leg warmers for my daughter.  I'm really excited!  I think they turned out pretty well.  I still need to anchor ends and do some blocking but overall, Pk is happy with them so that is what matters.



Now, I want to turn my attention to making some dishcloths.   Looking at everyone else's posts has made me want to take a bit of time to make some more myself so I am back to my favourite pattern, Open Star.  I add a garter stitch border at the top, bottom and sides but I like the finished look.  I bought one of the large balls cotton and I'll be curious to see how many cloths it makes.



Nothing very exciting on the book front.  I am almost finished both malestrom and Suite Francaise and I have books waiting.  A friend gave me a copy of Go Set a Watchman and I can't wait to read it.  I know it's not To Kill a Mockingbird but I loved that book so much, I'd love another chance to read Harper Lee.  I also like to try to read books that I have been loaned quickly - my family has a bad habit of doing things to borrowed books (the last time, a dog threw up on the book, which has never happened before or since!)

I can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment