Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gratitude 1

If you knew mom, you would know how much this shows that she cares about us - she is paranoid about anything that might be dangerous and fireworks rank right up there!

I am thankful for my mother.  This past week has been a hard one (illness, difficultly with Dh and his family) and she dropped everything and came up for a week, just to give me some support.  Pk adores Gran and Gran is such a model of what a mother should be - strength mixed with gentleness, thoughtfulness, eccentricity and a model of what a wife should be (I adore my father but he has not always been easy and she has shown me the rich blessings that can come from sticking it through).  My mother is also a friend who is as eager as I am to explore the world through Pk's eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Your mother is awesome and you're right - she is exactly what a mother should be. (I remember I once called her mom by accident because she was so much a second mom to me.) She is also perhaps the most patient mom and wife I know, and clearly her sense of humour plays a big role there. I adore your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that she has always had a very special place in her heart for you, too (as does my dad, who said that it was hard to do the pre-marital counseling for you and Misterpie since instead of doing the minister thing, he just wanted to say, "Hurt her and I will have to kill you!").

    ReplyDelete