Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thankfulness

I am sorry I have disappeared here.  Blogging seems to be an obsession that can really take over - I have so many ideas and yet I never seem to have the time to get them up here.  This blog has also kind of taken a backseat to the other one I do, Simple Gifts, since that one doesn't seem to involve the emotional commitment that this one does.  It's easy to post happy pics of the family, it's more of a challenge to come up with thoughtful posts, especially when it seems that this blog seems to have become largely about my faith.

Jill, over at Girls Just Want to Have Fun, who I met through our online Bible study (and who has been a great support this spring!), has started a blog called Thankful.  On it, she lists things that she is grateful for.  I love this idea.  My life has gotten to be pretty intense these days and I have had a hard time keeping track of all of the things that I have to be thankful for.  That really saddens me.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think at least once of something that I am enjoying, loving, being sustained by.  I would like to shift my focus to that and, I hope, I may even bring some joy to other people, as well.  I am going to try to keep going with Sacred Sunday (which I missed this week but there is a post coming) but this blog will focus on my gratitude for now.

And, if you want to get involved in the Gratitude Community, take a look over at A Holy Experience - you will be glad that you did.


holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Isn't it great to be intentionally grateful each day. There is just so much we take for granted.

    ReplyDelete