Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gratitude 72

We had such a great day!  My mother came up to babysit so that we could go the the Focus on the Family Focus on Parenting simulcast.  I hate the politics of Focus (sorry to offend any of my American friends but there are things that they stand for in politics that go against much of what I believe as a Canadian).  That being said, though, they offer fantastic resources for parenting and marriage with a Christian perspective.  Today, they featured Mark Holmen (Faith at Home - I hadn't heard him before but he was FANTASTIC), Larry Fowler from Awana, Elisa Morgan from MOPS, Kevin Leman (I laughed so hard I was crying, I LOVE him) and then a panel discussion on Children and Media featuring Phil Vischer (Veggietales), Ron Luce and Bob Waliszewski (Plugged In).  It was such a great day.  I learned so much, I was really inspired and Dh and I even got to go out for lunch together at a sit-down restaurant, something we haven't done in a very long time.  I am grateful to mom for giving us this chance and to Focus and all the speakers for giving me a much clearer idea of how to model faith and to instill it in Pk, something that I view as being my most critical goal as a mother. 

2 comments:

  1. It's so great when a training or conference or panel is just what you were looking for. I love coming away feeling inspired and with a renewed sense of purpose (and loathe when it feels like a waste of time and money, conversely!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it totally. I was so worried it would end up being a waste of time but for us, it really helped us to feel on track in terms of where we want to go as a family. It was a long time to sit, though and the only part I didn't share was that the church we were at was doing roof repairs and the roofers showed up and so we sat through the presentation with little bits on the ceiling falling on our heads.

    ReplyDelete