Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Multitude Monday 72 - 80

holy experience

It's November and the weather is looking rather... November-ish. I am not a November fan. I find it dark, dreary and grotty. It's probably my least favourite month of the year (closely followed by January but at least in January, I can comfort myself in the knowledge that days are getting longer). This week, I am trying to reflect on the nice things in November.

72. a hot cup of tea in a china cup (don't know why but for me, tea always tastes hotter in china)
73. the first sight of Christmas lights that keep the dark evenings from being so dreary
74. comfort foods like slow cooker meals, mac and cheese
75. weekend mornings when it is light when we get out of bed
76. candles that bring back a warm glow
77. the fact that I am on mat leave so I can be out during the day and actually see what light we have
78. the excitement that I always feel with the sound of Christmas carols in the air
79. the Santa Claus parades (I always cry at parades, I don't know why but the hokier, the better)
80. "The Bells of Dublin", a Chieftains CD with a medley of "Ding Dong Merrily on High, Once in Royal David's City and O Come, All Ye Faithful" that I sob through and enjoy every moment

Enjoy finding the pleasures in November, before we know it, Christmas will be upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment