Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Nesting Party

I was driving home this afternoon, with a pumpkin spice latte, with the cool rain outside the car and I got thinking about fall. It is absolutely my favourite season. I love the deeper blue of the sky, the rich colours of the leaves, the smell of the air and all of the wonderful activities. I can't get enough of it and I try to bring that feeling into our house.

Over at "The Inspired Room", Melissa hosts an annual "Fall Nesting Party". I get very excited about it and back in August, I found myself going back to last year to see when it happened. I couldn't wait (I think that may be the best part of the changing seasons - looking forward to the wonderful times to come)

I always put out my fall stuff after Pk's birthday on Labour Day weekend. I know that fall doesn't start until closer to the end of September but as a teacher, September can be so crazy, if I don't do it before back to school time, it often doesn't happen. I've also always loved to change my space around - I love the fresh feeling of a new furniture arrangement, a shift in colour or the full change of my displays. After the cool, open, airy look I strive for in summer, I love to change the table clothes to fall colours, to put out lots of candles and to bring the harvest inside with corn, gourds and pumpkins.

I love my new luminaries that you see in the photo above. Pk's sitter sells Partylite and while I am often horrified by their prices, a. I want to support J and b. I love these luminaries. They have changeable panels so the pumpkins for fall switch to snowflakes for winter, delicate flowers for spring and something for summer that escapes me right now. I bought the smaller ones a couple of years ago (leaves, spiders and snowflakes) and have loved them. When I saw these newer, larger ones, I had to have them. I love the way that they look when lit.
Please excuse the horrible quality of the photos. My decent camera died and the one we bought to replace it is having problems, too. I bought a little cheapie until I can get the other two fixed and the quality of these pics are horrible.
As you can see, we have an overabundance of tomatoes that needs to be dealt with and we picked apples on the weekend and are overflowing with them, too. Add the smell of the apples simmering into applesauce to the ambiance of the house and it's hard to see how things can get better!

Keep an eye for my fall list - I've been meaning to get to that post for a while. It is coming, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I had a pumpkin spice latte the other day, too! I was just thinking about getting out some fall decorations today...but it's been sunny and warm again so maybe I'll wait until later in the week when it cools down again.

    ReplyDelete