Sunday, January 1, 2012

December 28th

The 28th was our first day without anything to do.  Well, that's not entirely true - the 27th we decided that the kids were in desperate need of a decompression day and we took a day just to rest and keep things quiet.  On the 28th, we felt like we were ready to start doing a few things again.

It really didn't end up being an especially exciting day.  For the most part, we stayed close to home.  We did venture out to give the dogs a run in the forest.  LB got to wear his new hat (when I asked Pk what she wanted to give him for Christmas, she insisted that he wanted a lion hat and I found this cute on on Etsy).  It wasn't an especially cold day, which made it perfect for a walk.


I love the fact that LB still fits in the Ergo (the best investment I ever made!)  He loves being on my back and usually, as you can see, either sleeps or goes into a super-relaxed state.  It amazes me that the weight on my back doesn't bother me at all.

 Dh and I were so excited!  About five years ago, on a walk through this forest, we stumbled across this tree that someone had decorated.  It seemed really magical, hidden away at the intersection of three  paths in the heart of the forest.  We checked back following years and nobody had repeated the decorating.  We talked about decorating it ourselves but just never got around to it.  This year, we discovered that someone had decorated it again!  I wish I still had the photo from five years ago - the tree has done a lot of growing but it's still charming!
 It the evening, the snow started.  It looks lovely and made being inside so comfy.  I love looking at the trees coated in snow, especially when I don't have to drive in it.  Everything was especially pretty with the Christmas lights - I don't know why people take them down so soon after Christmas.  I wish we kept them up into February to lighten the January darkness.  Dh and I have decided that we are going to leave our snowflake lights up.


No comments:

Post a Comment