Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gratitude 76

I am feeling silly and sentimental this morning.  Yesterday, my bestest oldest friend and her husband and children came for a nice, long visit.  She is one of those friends who, no matter how long it is between visits or what is going on, makes me feel like I just saw her yesterday - there's never any of that awkwardness that there can be when I first get together with people (I am a bit shy and the first part of visits can be a bit uncomfortable for me).  We had a great time (and, as always, she spoilt us with clothing and other useful gifties).  
The part that makes me sentimental was watching our daughters play together.  Her daughter is older than mine and up until now, Pk was just too little for them to really play.  Yesterday, by the time we finished supper, they were good friends and there was a good hour of them playing in Pk's room and running up and down the hallway, laughing their fool heads off - Pk pushing her stuffies in her stroller and G pushing her doggies in Pk's dump truck.  Knowing how much this friend has meant in my life, I ADORE the idea that our daughters can be friends, too.  G is just that much older than Pk that she is a perfect candidate for a little bit of hero worship for Pk and I can't think of a better candidate.  She's confident, charming, outgoing, bright and kind.  I don't see any traces of the "mean girl" in her.
I hope this continues - her mother's friendship has been such a gift to me, I would love Pk to enjoy that same gift!

1 comment:

  1. I know, I was so happy to be able to say to PP on the way that Pk was probably big enough for them to really play together now, and to see it happening. Not only does it mean we can really spend time together more, but it means that while she's always looked forward to visits with you, she has a friend to look forward to now, too.

    She had a great time with your mom, too, and I love the idea that she will grow up as fond of your family as I am.

    I only wish we were closer and/or life was less busy, so we could do it more often!

    ReplyDelete