The biggest thing I have learned this month, however, is that if I want to make changes, I need to write down what I am going to do daily and check in or they just don't happen. I kept meaning to drink more water but, as I wasn't deliberate about it, it frequently just didn't happen. While my focus is going to shift this month, I still am going to strive towards meeting the goal on that one.
Now, only July. This month, my focus is to strive towards an orderly home. I am really looking forward to this one. Our house is in chaos right now. The pantry has an avalanche every time I try to find something, there are toys everywhere and my recipe binder is disgusting. I would find it so much more restful to come home to a house that is in order, tidy and without the clutter. Here are my goals for the month:
1. Clean out my recipe binder and be sure that recent new favourites are filed so I don't have to keep printing them off.
2. Every day, clean off one surface or area
3. Work towards a yard sale sometime before the end of the summer.
4. List the bigger baby items that we are finished with on Craigslist or Kijiji for sale and get them out of here.
5. Do a purge of the dollar store toys that keep coming into our house as either loot bag treats or as gifties from a certain uncle and that we are always tripping over.
I started cleaning through baby clothing yesterday and I thought I would be so sad but really, it feels so good to feel like something is getting accomplished. I have a feeling that, if I actually manage to get this done, I am going to feel much calmer.