Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Little Joys

Wow, I'm exhausted!  On the other hand, for once in my life, I actually feel as if I am somewhat on top of things.  I know, it won't last but for now, it feels really good!  I'm trying to drink lots more water and be firm with myself about the fact that my light must be off by 10 p.m. and I must have the kids in bed by 8.  We haven't quite made the 8 p.m. but we've been much closer and we are also doing better for the increase in sleep.

I am reading Found by Micha Boyett and I am LOVING it!  Often, books connected to faith, while good for me, are somewhat hard going.  I wouldn't say this book is easy exactly but it speaks so much to me where I am at that I just have a hard time putting it down.  One of the practices she engages in to try and recapture the art of prayer is to read the psalms at set times each day.  While she aimed for 5, that's too many for me each day, so I am trying to begin and to end my day with a psalm.  On Monday morning, I read psalm one and it spoke to me in such a profound way.  I don't know exactly why it connected so much but I spent time, in the most intense times in my day, thinking of the image of the three thriving by the streams of water and it brought me such a sense of peace.  I adore it when I find a book about faith that means something so personally to me!

Psalm 1

Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.
Not so the wicked!
    They are like chaff
    that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment