Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring

I am so happy that spring is officially here!  Yesterday was the first official day and it was just perfect, the temperature was mild (for here in March, anyway) and while today cooled down, it was still comfortable for walking the dog, which is a nice change after the horribly cold January and February that we had.  I went up to my friend's farm today and we hiked it around in a way we haven't been able to do for ages due to the snow.  The dogs were absolutely filthy and so very happy!  Sorry I didn't get any photos, I need to take more.

We have only one more day of the March Break and then we are back at work.  I can't lie, I'm feeling rather nervous about it as the rumours are flying about a potential school strike at some point and the thought of that absolutely terrifies me.  Since Dh and I are both teachers, a strike would mean no money coming in at all and I don't know how we would cope.  We have tried to save some money but between kid's lessons, unexpected car troubles and the cost of living, we haven't put away anywhere near as much as I would have liked.  I'm trying to tell myself that we have had these strike threats so many times before and that so many people are dependent on schools for daycare that we wouldn't be out long.  For now, I'm just going to focus on the sunshine, the longer hours of daylight, on starting to get the garden going and working on knitting and reading and praying for the best.

It's funny, I always have a "bucket list" for each season except for spring.  We don't seem to have many "spring specific" activities other than the big Easter celebration (it really is a big deal for us both from a faith standpoint and from a life-events standpoint).  I was going to try to come up with a bucket list but it would seem too forced so my goal for this spring is just to spend lots of time outdoors, to have fun planning my garden and to enjoy my family.  Well, and maybe to bring some lilacs inside when they bloom - they have such a heavenly smell and they often blossom when I am in the midst of report card writing and I miss them.  Not this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment