Sunday, March 1, 2015

Weekends

I feel like I want to write a post but I really don't have anything to say.  It amazes me how different my weekends are from my work weeks (but no wonder I am so tired all the time)  Friday night was Pk to skating (her newest passion and I spend so much time at the rink) and a lovely conversation with a friend who has been in the periphery of our life for a while but who, now getting to spend 50 minutes freezing in a rink together each week, is becoming someone with whom I so enjoy chatting.  We go to church together and it was great to get to talk to someone a bit like me - a bit of a refugee from the mainline churches that are dying but who misses liturgy.  Saturday was working out, 15 minutes of prayer for our church 24 hours of prayer (and while it was lovely and meaningful, the dog felt the need to participate in my quiet time, so it had its challenges), skating again with girlie (and a visit with another friend at the rink, a hike with Lucie that was lovely (and it was FINALLY warm enough to enjoy being outside), a pony riding lesson with LB ("p is for pony" for our alphabet adventure), a visit to my SIL and her family in another town, followed by our favourite dinner.  Today, it was baking (cookies for the kids and Dh's meeting), church, a hike and tea with the dogs and a friend, and finally, the Ikea run (we have good friends who are almost two hours away and we have discovered that Ikea is exactly half way between us.  The kids love it, the food is cheap and we can linger... I also always end up buying little home things that weren't planned but at least it is cheap).  I'm going to sleep this evening exhausted (getting up in the morning should be fun) but with a sense of having really connected with some important people in my life.  I feel so very lucky.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a very busy weekend, but full of fun, family and friends and can't think of a better way to spend one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I scrolled down a few posts to read the other things you'd written this week but thought I'd just condense onto one post. :) Your wrap is beautiful and we are almost done with Lollipop and I am considering more Dick King Smith soon! He is such a fun writer. Wish we had an Ikea nearby but it's probably really good for our budget that we don't have one nearer than 3 hours away... ha! It's easy to spend a lot of money in there accidentally. Hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend... especially with being able to spend time connecting with a friend and an Ikea run to boot. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete