Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gratitude 16

I am grateful that things are going well with my inlaws and that they are here this weekend.  Dh is changing medication and it seems to have made him withdraw again.  It was really nice not to have to deal with that alone.  I am finding myself really battle-scarred.  I don't have anger or resentment anymore but I do have times of feeling really defensive.  After all of the criticism of the last few months, I am so nervous of doing something wrong.  Don't get me wrong, it's not fear exactly - he never hurt me or anything like that but when you have been criticized for everything you do, it's hard not to be expecting the criticism all the time.  
Back to the topic, my inlaws have been wonderful and my parents are coming to stay tomorrow and will be here until Friday.  It's nice not to be alone.

1 comment: