Monday, August 24, 2009

Gratitude 28

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days.  We have been extremely busy and by the time we got home, I was just too tired to do much of anything (in fact, the other night, when I was getting Pk to bed, I feel asleep myself and didn't wake up until two hours later).  
Gratitude today is for the joys of creating.  I love various forms of needlework, cooking, scrapbooking, gardening, etc...  I find these kinds of things to be like therapy.  I love the planning and choosing and it is so wonderful when what have I have planned actually turns out.  Yesterday, I finished this sweater for Pk.  Of all the crafts I do, I think that knitting is my favourite (probably because it reminds me of my grandmother, who I adored - while she was alive, I had the hugest collection of sweaters, hats, bedsocks, mittens and, at the time, best of all, legwarmers).   I haven't done any little people knitting before now (other than a few blankets) and I was surprised at just how quickly this knit up.  It's in a new yarn that I haven't used before, Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo and it is a blend of wool and bamboo.  I have already bought two more colours for two new cardigans for Pk for the fall.  I also love making things for her; I feel like I can somehow surround her in my love when she is wrapped in something I have made.  Now, if only I could find the time to start a larger quilt for her - the crib one that I did is getting a bit on the small side.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    I love that colour! I'm a new knitter myself (just barely a year) but am wildly addicted already. It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was coordinated enough to knit! That is a beautiful little sweater. I love the feel of bamboo jersey, it is so silky, the bamboo/wool blend must have a wonderful hand.

    ReplyDelete