Monday, December 5, 2016

Advent Week 2 Monday

Today was one of those days... To understand "one of those days", you need to have taught kindergarten and in an area that gets snow.  It was wet snow - the snow that looks so pretty but that means soggy snowpants, complaints about wet socks, cold and clammy boots and mittens that are so wet that they are dripping.  Add in children who cannot get themselves ready and parents (not all!) who don't read the notes that come home that say to send extra dry pants and socks...  There were moments that were funny (like when the tiny Chinese boy in my class came wandering out of the bathroom with no pants on because his were wet) and moments that made me want to run screaming from the room ("I can't find my shoes," "These aren't my mittens,"  "Help me, Mrs. G.N.," said by a chorus of whining children).  It was one of those days when all I wanted with all of my being was a pot of tea, a comfy chair, a good book and SILENCE.  A person can dream...

At least the scenery was lovely.  There's nothing cozier than a warmly snowy day (except for a warmly snowy day in which one does not have to go out).  I'm trying to count my blessings.






No comments:

Post a Comment