Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Yarn Along


If you are visiting via the Yarn Along hosted by Ginny at Small Things, you can be forgiven for thinking that you have seen this photo before.  In terms of the books, you have.  I've had great intentions in terms of reading but I've been so exhausted from my pace of life at the moment and staying up late writing Christmas cards, frantically knitting and starting to wrap gifts.  Every night, I fall into bed with plans to read and within minutes (VERY FEW), I am nodding off or my eyes are getting too heavy.  It is NOT a reflection on the books themselves.  Miss Read's Emily Davis is a lovely, comfort read that tells the story of the lives of various people who have been impacted by an elderly teacher in the village of Springbourne in England.  I've been hearing a great deal from podcasters I love about The Enneagram and The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective, seems to the be starting point for a Christian exploration.  It's been good so far but my mind is struggling with the need to think.  Listening for Madeleine is wonderful - Madeleine L'Engle is one of my very favourite writers and hearing that she is who I thought she was from those who lived around her is such a gift.

In terms of knitting, I've been working away.  Last week, I finished "Foxy's" blanket and now, I'm working on "Rabbity's" blanket.  It's also time to block and I've got the shawl I made for the DECE I work with blocking on the dining room table.  The photos don't do it justice - I love the colours in this colourway of a hand-dyed yarn.  LOVE IT!





No comments:

Post a Comment