Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Update

I am going to keep this short because my day alone is rapidly disappearing.  Things seem to be beginning to improve.  Dh finally got in to see our doctor yesterday.  She was wonderful and I feel like we are finally on our way to dealing with his depression.  I think he felt a lot better about it, too.  We may have more  of a fertility struggle than we though but at least we are more aware of what is happening.  Our doctor's first priority is to get Dh sleeping (he is often awake much of the night and when he does sleep, he has terrible dreams).  The next step will be conquering the depression and then dealing with his lack of eating.  I think she is thinking that dealing with the sleeping with improve the other things right away.  In the name of trying to improve his sleep, one thing we are planning this weekend is to transition Pk's bed.  She has a convertible crib and we are thinking of turning it into a daybed.  That way, she can get out of bed and come to us in the night if she needs us and we don't have to listen for her through the monitor (which really keeps both of us awake).  The only challenge will be remembering to put the baby gate up (we are going to section things off so that she can come out of her room and into ours but can't access anywhere else - I can't imagine what I would find in the morning if she got into the kitchen without me).

To those of you who have been praying, I can't thank you enough.  The Power of a Praying Wife has really helped but most of all, it has been wonderful to feel like I am not alone.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you took a day for yourself - you certainly could use it for your own mental health, with all the stress you've been under. I' know it's not something that you do lightly, but I think it's good to remember to treat yourself well.

    I also think your doctor ahs a good point about the sleep, because any problem their is will only be wildly amplified by lack of sleep. When my mom would start going off the rails, we started being able to get her back on track by getting her some rest, and it would get much better pretty quickly, though not of course solving everything.

    I'm thinking of you often, and hope this is the start of a good upswing. (And pardon my login, I'm prepping June.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your situation with your mom has kind of helped me through this - it's nice to know that other people have struggled with this kind of stuff, too. I also remember how willing the psychiatrist was to talk to you - another reason to try to connect with my doctor because she WILL speak to me with Dh's permission. Two days on the meds and he is already eating. I think things are definitely improving but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Thanks for being there!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it looks hopeful and that he's taking part!

    (and can't believe I typed "their" for "there" - man, I'm tired...)

    ReplyDelete