Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friday Favourites

So, yet again, it's Saturday and my Friday favourites haven't been posted yet.  It's been a rough week (I will fill you in on that in another post) but I didn't want to miss posting something happy this week.  I need my "Friday Favourites" more than even.

I got thinking and realised that one of my favourites in my life right now is Saturday morning.  It's the one time in the week when I feel like I have a chunk of time that isn't claimed and I can do some of the things I enjoy most.

Usually, our Saturday morning starts pretty early.  Pk isn't a fan of sleeping in and Dh definitely IS so that means that I am on duty.  Usually, Pk and I start by making muffins.  I am going to include some pics.  Don't worry, we don't feed these muffins to anyone outside of Pk and I so the fingers in the batter shouldn't gross you out too much (I hope).  I promise that if I bring you food, she won't be enjoying it while we cook.

We have a bunch of recipes we enjoy but here are three of our favourites - banana , raspberry and flax.

Pk loves muffins and unfortunately, so do the dogs.  I find myself really wondering how many dogs have a steady diet of freshly baked muffins every week.


(Don't ask me where the hair that appears to be somewhat curly comes from... yes, it is in part bedhead but she does seem to have a bit of a wave in there - I know she wasn't switched at the hospital, I promise).

The rest of the morning tends to be pretty laid back.  I love having the windows open and hearing the birds in the trees. Pk really enjoys watching her favourite show, Raspberry Jazzberry Jam (I don't generally stick her in front of the t.v. but I don't think the odd Saturday morning cartoon did me any harm) and I get to check out my blogs that I follow (an insanely long list these days).  We usually go to her music class at 9:30 and that's when the more normal, frenzied pace of our life resumes but Saturday morning provides us with this wonderful, restful window.
My two are at the top of the picture, we have a visitor this weekend, Tess and she is in the bottom left.  Pk is in heaven because she adores the dogs.

2 comments:

  1. First of all..Pk is too cute!!!

    Those muffins look delicious and I love the pic of Pk and the 3 dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. She adores dogs and that means a lot to me because I don't know how I could live without them. Chelsea is the best friend anyone can have (and Lucie is full of love, even if it is a bit on the aggressive and annoying side).

    ReplyDelete