Friday, December 17, 2010

December Daily 20

Let it snow! That seems to be the motto right now. It looks very pretty and for the most part, I don't mind but since we have started to pay to have the ploughing done, it's getting mighty expensive. It's also inconvenient - in this age of debit, we rarely have cash on hand and it's no fun to drag both kids up to the bank machine on short notice. Oh, well, I've learned by lesson and we now have two ploughing fees on the counter in the kitchen.

On the other hand, the view in the morning when I get up at the crack of dawn with Baby Bean is lovely. First of all, there is our tree. I'm really happy with it this year. It's exactly what I like. We don't do a fancy decorating job and it isn't festooned with ribbons, which seems to be the thing to do these days. I don't like a whole lot of glitz, either. We love our stamped tin star at the top of the tree, our white lights and our red wooden bead garland that looks like strung cranberries. I really like to see a lot of red on the tree. I have a real thing for cardinals and I also have quite a few cross stitch ornaments that I have made over the years. The tree really makes me feel happy.
I love this house over the road - if I had my way, our house would be done in the same way with the old-fashioned white lights. We have LED lights to save electricity but we went with the multicoloured ones since I just don't like the "white" of LEDs - it looks too blue to me.
Today's Christmas activities were the party at the home daycare Pk attends. J does a great job, cookie decorating, pizza and a Christmas movie. Usually, when I am working, I send a camera and J takes photos for me but this year, since I am on mat leave, I have asked to go along to help out. It's nice because I really like J and we get to visit and I get to see Pk in her daytime environment. It's a wonderful daycare. Baby Bean will start there when I go back in April and it's nice that he is getting exposure to J's place now.


The rest of the day was busy. I took Dh down to the school he teaches at to pick up some materials and to visit his students. He was moving very slowly. It was nice to get to show Baby Bean off and it was nice to be out as a family. My mom went home today so I'm on my own. Dh is doing a great job trying to help out but as his mobility is limited and he can't lift, there isn't much he can do. So far, the kids have been fairly cooperative but somehow, we need to get Baby Bean sleeping. I don't know what to do but the frequent night waking, early mornings and lack of daytime naps is really starting to get me down. I won't do cry-it-out, it just doesn't work for me, so I guess I can't complain, I just have to live with it for now but my biggest fantasy is a 10 hour sleep.

Have a sleep-in tomorrow morning in my honour!

1 comment:

  1. Our lil guy is waking up during the night and won't quit crying... and i couldn't figure out what the issue was until last night (I'm so exhausted already). I think he's cold. The nights he sleeps well, I don't because I'm too hot. So, we added a blanket after his crying for a while last night (I actually tried putting him in bed with us), and he slept until 8am! Could it be that your lil Bean is too cold? It's amazing the silly things we sometimes need to try (and do...) to get some sleep. I have to say... my son almost drove me to insanity on Tuesday night. Waking up every hour it seemed. And I was sick. I sure hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete