Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gratitude 19

Pk and I have this evening ritual.   At the end of every bath, I put on my babywrapper towel (a gift from Kittenpie that we have used every night of Pk's life), she climbs out of the tub and into my arms, I wrap her in another towel and we have what we refer to as our "towel cuddle".  There's nothing like it.  She is so warm and cozy and sweet smelling coming out of the bath and we cling to each other - I wouldn't miss it for anything.  I frequently think, "There is going to be a time when she doesn't want to do this anymore" and the idea fills me with dread.  It is one of the most precious moments of my day.  There  is nothing more wonderful than arms full of your child.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it, too, that some day they won't want to be cuddled or held. I hate, too, that The Bun is getting to the point now where he will soon not be the solid bundle of baby love he is right now, all sweet fuzzy curls and chubby cheeks. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I roll my girls up in the "sausage roll" and then "walk them very slowly" to their rooms....it's a silly little game we play, but they both still love it!

    ReplyDelete