Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gratitude 30

I took our little tank to the doctor for her two-year check-up today.  Wow, is she ever a big girl!  She's in the 86th percentile for height and about the same (or a bit higher) for weight.  I keep asking my doctor whether I should be worried about her size but the doctor keeps telling me that it's a good thing when little ones have a bit extra - every time I ask, she keeps telling me that I am lucky - she has some reserve if she gets sick and her good size and growth tells us that there are so many serious conditions that she does not have.  She says that as long as weight and height are about the same percentile and keep tracking together, there are no worries.  I watched a t.v. show the other day featuring a "failure to thrive" baby and it brought home to me how lucky we are to have such a healthy child (other than all the daycare diseases we got to enjoy last year but she has never had to be on anti-biotics so I guess we are still pretty lucky).  
I do hope she slows do a little bit, though.  For now, I guess we need to make sure that she realises that she probably doesn't have a future as a jockey or a ballerina.

No comments:

Post a Comment