Sunday, August 2, 2009

Responses

I never know whether to respond to people in the comments section or whether anyone ever reads that so for now, I will respond in posts.  

Catriona said:
Mmm zucchini! Pioneerwomancooks.com has sme terrific recipes for it on that site as well as on her other one, tastykitchen.com. 
Good neighbours are a blessing, most of ours suck and I dislike them. Alas, like kp we are *still* not finished renovating and not ready to move.


I am always looking for sources for recipes so I will check those out.

I have a history with bad neighbours, too and that makes it hard for us now... this house is NOT our dream house but with the wonderful neighbours we have around us, it would be hard to move.  The people behind us are really nice and have two dogs that Pk adores (and hey, anything that makes a cranky toddler happy at the end of the day works for me), the people across the street are sweet (we had lived here for a couple of months and one day we came home from work to find cucumbers in our doorway - I didn't know if it was a gift or a sign of some kind of voodoo curse - it turned out that S had a bunch extra in her farm garden and thought we might need them, they also brought Pk back authentic Ukranian nesting dolls when they went on a cruise in Eastern Europe) and of course, you know about T and R.  

When we lived in T.O., we were generally pretty lucky, too... other than the crazy downstairs neighbours who, it turned out, were cashing our utilities cheques and not paying the gas company so our gas was turned off.  They left in the middle of the night and we had creditors bugging us for months about whether we knew where they had gone (he was a private investigator so they really knew how to disappear).  The joys of renting in the city...

By the way, Cat, are you the Cat I think you are??? Do you have a blog?  I would love to catch up on what is up with you and your brood.  How goes the store?  I have wanted to stop by forever but wasn't sure that I had the money for "Beach" prices.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I used to comment back to people through the comment board also, UNTIL I realized that many do not come back to check to see. Someone taught me that I could set my settings so that when they reply on the comments here, it would go to my email, and than I would respond back to them through that way. This way it goes directly back to their emails. It's awesome actually, since you can get even more personal with some of the messages than leaving it here for everyone else to read...

    Some don't have their emails added (nonreply) will be the message you get in your email. I get sad when I receive those types because I LOVE being able to comment to everyone that leaves me a message.

    So if you have ever commented back to me on any of my comments, I haven't read them because I now don't go back to search...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's me! :0) I am back home, closed the shop end of February, the Beach is taking a major hit in this economy, with everyone having their $$ tied up in their mortgage, and rent prices through the roof for businesses. It's eliminated a huge amount of stress from our family life, and I'm kicking back and enjoying my kids.
    It's funny, when we moved to this house in 94, our neighbour across the street was amazing. Sadly, she moved about 5 years ago, and the couple across the street are headcases, so I pretend they don't exist. Makes her CRAZY *grin* Theirs are the kids screaming out on the sidewalk all day for no reason. I desperately want to move, but it'll be a while.
    I'm too chicken to blog and put myself out there on the interwebs, I facebook and belong to private groups but that's as far as I go, right now. Being raised by Ma and Pa Paranoia has its drawbacks.
    On a rather frightening note, Boy#1 turns 16 this week, is 5'11" and still growing. Hold me.

    ReplyDelete