Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gratitude 29

I am so grateful for my brother and the role he is playing in Pk's life.  He and I have really had our moment along the way... we were incredibly close as children and then during adolescence, we couldn't be in the same room together.  That went on for years.  Our relationship gradually healed over the years and since Pk has come along, we have become really close.  Our life choices are different and there are thinks about each of us that drives the other one crazy but that doesn't seem to matter so much anymore.  Yesterday, I took Pk down to the city to go to a farm with my mom and then we went back to my parents' house.  My brother has hilarious and had Pk eating out of the palm of his hand.  I can't remember the last time that I laughed so hard.  There was one joke he played on her that, while I can't really describe it, had all of us laughing for at least 20 minutes.  It was a laugh-until-my-sides-were-aching kind of thing.  I haven't done that in so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment