Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gratitude 26

I took Pk for a walk today with the dogs.  It was such a gorgeous day.  Often, we just go and wander around a field (it's C.N. land and everyone in town with dogs uses it as a place for them to run free).  It's nice to take Pk there and she has developed a love for wild flowers (I think I have mentioned that before) so we enjoy it.  

Today, I was in the mood for something a bit different.  It was hot and after a couple of times around the field, I could see that the dogs were really feeling it.  We went to my favourite place to walk them.  It's just across from the field.  It's a nice park with tennis courts but it leads to what dh and I refer to as the "nature walk" - you go through bush and trees and then hit this little stream with a pretty bridge over it.  It's a lovely spot and the dogs love going in the water to cool off.  Often I am too lazy to go (in the field, if the dogs are in the brush, we don't have to pick up after them, in the park, on the other hand, I would feel terribly guilty if I left a mess behind).  Today, it was perfect.  We walked through the trees into a little bit of a wood and the light was the pretty dappled shade that you get in a grove of cedars.  The only sound was the crickets (which are so loud right now - the end of summer isn't too far away) and as we approached the little stream, I could feel the temperature drop several degrees.  Pk was on my back in the Ergo (the best baby gift I was ever given and something I don't know how I would live without) and life just seemed so right for those few minutes.  If only I could capture a glimpse of that feeling every day, I would be so blessed.

Now, if only my legs weren't feeling like I was walking through tar due to the new workout I had just done, it would have been perfect :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment