Friday, August 28, 2009

Gratitude 32

Sorry I haven't been as regular about posting of late.  We are getting close to going back to school and I have been trying to get everything fit in before we go back which leaves me pretty busy.  As I am learning, blogging can take up a lot of time (especially given how many blogs I have in Reader now).

Today's gratitude is a little one.  We are doing Pk's second birthday tomorrow.  Not doing anything big, just a few of her little friends and their parents.  We have lost the battle against licensed stuff (I had always said that I didn't want a house full of Disney); I totally admit it, I haven't kept to my convictions.  As my friend Kittenpie said to me once, "Parenting is the death of a thousand papercuts..."  Anyway, at the moment, the obsession in our house is VeggieTales (which I actually don't mind, on the other hand, the Barney DVD we were given never made it out of the wrapper).  We decided to try and throw a VeggieTales themed party.

We aren't doing all that much - of course, the food all fits (the main food is pizza "Pizza Angel", the gift bags have hairbrushes as one of the treasures "Where is my hairbrush?"), our colour scheme is green and red and we have cucumbers and tomatoes that we are going to put eyes on for decorating.  We could buy VeggieTales party favours but 1.  we left it too late and 2.  wow, are they ever expensive.  The thing that was really stumping me was the loot bags.

As always, help comes when I least expect it.  When I went down to visit Kittenpie, she had picked up really cute little veggie seed eggs (hard to explain).  We decided to check out the local Christian bookstore, just to see if they had stickers or something.  We had no luck but dh did decide to buy Pk a VeggieTales DVD (one based on Indiana Jones - he felt that would be a good daddy/daughter thing to share).  We happened to mention to the salewoman about her love for VeggieTales and the party and she directed us to their clearance table - there were a bunch of posters on for 99 cents, regular 6.99.  Hooray!  I think we are almost there.  Cross your fingers for me that the Sandylion outlet has vegetable stickers today.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you as you prepare for another school year. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can feel that life is gearing up again. How are you doing? I missed your Yard Sale post this week!

    ReplyDelete