Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fall Scrapping

O.k., I have gone crazy for fall.  It's my favourite season and I guess I am feeling ready.  


One of the first things I did was gather up my fall scrapping that needed to be done.  I used to be such an avoid scrapper but since Pk arrived, I just haven't had the time and knitting has become a bigger priority.  I have several albums on the go and I have been trying to streamline.  I used to do chronological albums and would just keep filling until nothing else could go in and then I would start a new album.  It was fun but expensive and very time consuming.

Now, I am changing things up a bit.  I have decided that there will be one album for each year of Pk's life (I am about a third of the way through her first year - my pregnancy one is finally done).  I am also going to start seasonal albums.  I thought that they could be a kind of decoration for each season - e.g., for fall, I can put the fall album out on the coffee table and it will be filled with family memories of previous falls.  It will gradually expand over the years.  I think I will do another one for Christmas, maybe winter, I am not sure, I don't take all that many winter pics for some reason), summer and perhaps spring, although again, I am not a huge fan of spring and don't tend to take all that many pictures.

This is a page in Pk's baby album.  She was a month old when we went on this hike and she slept the entire time.




This is the title of my fall album.  I used wordle for the cover page.  I was having trouble changing the colours so this layout isn't perfect but it will do.


I like the way this turned out.  My favourite element is the paper punched leaves.  I have an oak leaf and a maple leaf and I use them all the time in my fall layouts.


Now, I need to do a Halloween layout for last year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh,,how beautiful girl!! I have TONS and I mean TONS of scarpbooking stuff...in a bin, waiting!! SIGH..lol

    ReplyDelete