Friday, September 4, 2009

More Fall Nesting

This "fall nesting" thing started by Melissa at The Inspired Room has really gotten hold of me.  Usually, I wait until at least the first day of fall to start my fall decorating.  Unfortunately, since work is in full swing by then, I tend to have a hard time finding the time and it ends up being frustrating because I can't seem to get done what I had planned.  I was in such a fall mood, I decided to get started early this year and see it as a kind of new season that starts with going back to school.  

As always, most of my fall decorating centres around the dining room.  I try and do something with the sideboard and with the table.  At HomeSense, I bought these things that look a bit like cranberries but in three colours (green, gold and crimson) and that worked really well this year.
Excuse the yellow colour.  I decided to use my big camera and I was having some trouble finding the right setting to get what I wanted.  I love the pics that camera takes outside but I have never been able to master the flash - it is too bright and too direct for most things and leaves them entirely colourless.
I love the way the warm fall colours bring out the warmth in our pine furniture as it ages.  It seems to be getting more and more golden.
I won't do anything with the front stoop for a few more weeks.  I haven't seen the hay bales or the corn stalks on sale yet...

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhh..I love love love it!! I got me my fall bins out and ready to start doing my 'thing'. I am almost finished putting all my spring and summer items from outdoors in the rubber maid bins I have....Thanks so much for sharing. It looks SO beautiful

    ReplyDelete