Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gratitude 47

I have this tendency towards getting tension headaches.  For the most part, they are work related.  I don't know why, I enjoy my job but I often get them on days I work, especially on a Monday or on a day when I spent a lot of time in meetings (can you tell that sitting still KILLS me?).  Yesterday was a bad headache day.  It came on mid-afternoon and by evening, I was feeling horrible - my head was killing me, the muscles in my neck and shoulders were aching and I felt sick to my stomach.  I went to bed with the headache and I woke up with it this morning.  Usually, sleep gets rid of them but when they last, they really take a toll on me.  This morning, I felt horrible and then, mid-morning, it just totally disappeared (something my headaches also tend to do).  It is such a blessed relief when they go.  I spent the rest of the day feeling very mellow, just to have the pain gone.  I wish I knew what it was that I did to cause them but right now, all that matters is that I am pain free.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment